An Attic Max System gives the building structure the R-value benefits of cellulose insulation along with the air sealing benefits of spray foam insulation.
One inch of spray foam insulation topped with blown-in loose fill cellulose to an R-49.
- If needed, old insulation is removed.
- Air chutes and insulation stops are installed.
- The air chutes, insulation stops, any ducting, can lights, electrical fixtures and plumbing fixtures are air sealed with spray foam insulation.
- One inch of spray foam insulation is installed over the entire deck of the attic to create an air and moisture barrier.
- Loose fill cellulose is blown in to an R-49.
- Gives attics an R-49
- Insulates small voids and cracks in irregular framing
- Easily insulates and seals around air chutes, insulation stops, ducting, can lights, electrical fixtures and plumbing fixtures
- Eliminates the need for poly
Maintenance & Comfort Benefits
- Reduces energy usage and utility bills
- Creates a moisture barrier which reduces the likelihood of mold
- Creates an air barrier which reduces drafts for a more comfortable home
- Helps prevent ice dams
- Adds strength to the building structure
- Reduces outside noise
- Deters rodents and insects
- Reduces dust and pollen
WHAT IS AN ICE DAM?
ICC-ES Evaluation Report