Livestock facilities are prone to condensation because of the number of animals they house. Proper insulation can prevent rust & corrosion; eliminating the need for extensive repairs.
Dairy, Beef, Poultry & Hogs
Rust & Corrosion Control
Methane and moisture from livestock causes condensation on the interior of the barn metal. An inch of spray foam insulation creates an air and moisture barrier between the corrosive methane/condensation and the metal. If the metal is already corroded, elastomeric coatings are applied to the exterior of the metal to seal the holes.
- Extends the life of the roof metal
- Controlling rust and corrosion now prevents costly metal replacement repairs later
- One inch of spray foam insulation is applied to the roof metal on the interior of the barn.
- If the roof metal is already corroded, the roof on the outside of the barn is thoroughly cleaned.
- Missing fasteners are replaced. Sealant is applied to any fasteners that are no longer watertight.
- Seams and flashing are treated with sealants, reinforcements and fabrics.
- If needed, a primer is applied to increase adhesion.
- The elastomeric basecoat is applied.
- The elastomeric topcoats are applied